A repository of Lady Dove's musings on arts, entertainment and culture.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Countdown to “Little Girl Blue” - FOUR DAYS TO GO!!!!!


Wednesday, September 10th, 7:30 p.m.
@ Ethical Society in Philadelphia’s Rittenhouse Square

Hear all about it during my interview on Power 99 FM with Loraine Ballard Morrill on Sunday, September 7th at 8 a.m. As a writer, spoken-word poet and performance artist, I feel that one of my greatest creative accomplishments to date is my production of “Little Girl Blue,” which is a one-woman show. Over the years this “work in progress” has evolved into my tour-de-force. Monologues and poetry bring 17 alter egos to life in this raw, searing tale of a Black woman’s odyssey. Yes, I actually portray 17 characters! (There are 5 major players and 12 supporting characters.) Bassist Warren Oree has written an original soundtrack for “Little Girl Blue.” I am so honored and blessed to haveWarren collaborate with me during performances; the live music really takes “Little Girl Blue” to another level. This 90-minute spoken-word play also includes multi-media elements and I have to thank my technical director, JoAnna Turner, for commandeering this aspect of the show. There’s more detailed info on my MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/ladydoveakapheralyndove; Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online @ the Philly Fringe website: http://www.livearts-fringe.org/2008/details.cfm?id=5682.
More to come; stay posted!!!!!


No comments: