A repository of Lady Dove's musings on arts, entertainment and culture.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Prayers, Premonitions, & the Passionate Pursuit of Perfection - Part III of V

As we continue on this mystical odyssey, please know that right here, right now, at this very moment, I am being transported from the routines of my everyday work-a-day-life to my most enchanting existence. You see, I have this day job at the School District of Philadelphia, which in many ways I absolutely adore, but it’s been five years now. And life holds so much more adventure, so many more treasures and fantastical episodes than I could ever realize while being confined to a cubicle-ized environment. I long to be liberated from the stifling strait jacket of the corporate culture that so often traps free spirits, creative souls. I realize the blessing that this job has been: the financial security; the comprehensive benefits package; the wonderful people I’ve had the pleasure of working with; the contributions I have made to my field of endeavor as a grant writer, researcher and administrator, procuring funds and managing programs for a historically underserved and disenfranchised population of students and teachers. And of course, I am ever so grateful for the skills and knowledge that I have gained. However I also realize it’s time to move on. My writing life is calling me. My spoken word is calling me. My wanderlust is calling me. My muse is sitting on my shoulder, whispering in my ear.

No comments: